Publications & Technical Guidance
Quick Link — Subject Index
- Water Technical Sheets (WTS)
- Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations Information
- Stormwater Program Information
- Underground Injection Control Information
- Groundwater Protection Information
Water Technical Sheets (WTS)
- WTS-1A General design criteria for reclaimed water irrigation use: The guidance document describes design information to be evaluated in acquiring a discharge permit from NDEP to use reclaimed water
- WTS-1B General design criteria for preparing an effluent management plan: The guidance document describes information to be evaluated in preparing a management plan for reclaimed water use
- WTS-1C Nutrient Management for Reuse & Biosolids Sites: This guidance document provides a general overview of wastewater nutrient reduction and management strategies that can be implemented at reclaimed water reuse sites and ranches fertilized with municipal biosolids. The reduction of nutrients in treated effluent discharged to groundwater, surface water or an irrigation site is now considered as important in regulation as the traditional role of a treatment works in reducing organic matter and pathogens to levels considered safe for public and environmental health protection
- WTS-2 Minimum Information Required for an Operation and Maintenance Manual for a Wastewater Treatment Plant: The fact sheet describes minimum information required in all wastewater treatment plant operation and maintenance manuals
- WTS-2 Addendum: Addendum (O&M Manual Preparer's Checklist)
- WTS-2A Minimum Information for an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Manual for Pump-and-Treat Facilities and Dewatering Operations
- WTS-3 Guidance Document For An Application For Rapid Infiltration Basins: Rapid Infiltration Basins (RIB) allow land treatment and disposal of wastewater. Applied wastewater percolates through the soil and the treated effluent drains via hydraulic pathways to groundwater or surface water. The fact sheet contains information that must be present in an application for a RIB. The Bureau of Water Pollution Control reserves the right to require further site characterization and additional design criteria
- WTS-4 A Guidance Document for the Design and Construction of Groundwater Monitoring Wells for Use at Wastewater Treatment Facilities: The guidance document outlines the information necessary to design and construct groundwater monitoring wells at wastewater treatment facilities
- WTS-5 Guidance Document For Design Of Wastewater Treatment Ponds: The fact contains information required in an application for development of a wastewater treatment pond
- WTS-6 Guidance Document for Wastewater Pond System O&M: This guidance document outlines a suggested list of areas for the pond operator to regularly check on in order to maintain a properly operated pond (lagoon) treatment facility.
- WTS-7 Guidance Document for Reclaimed Water Storage Ponds:
- WTS-13 Change Order Or Addendum Submittal Form: Note: This Form is to be submitted with all Change Orders and addendum to the Bureau of Water Pollution Control approval.
- WTS-14 Pumping Station Design and Submittal Criterion, Document: The fact sheet discuss required plans and specifications for all pumping stations which will be used to convey untreated, partially treated or fully treated wastewater.
- WTS-20 Abandonment of Sewerage Facilities: This fact sheet discuss requirements for the abandonment of a facility which has been used to collect, treat or dispose of sewage. Such action requires the approval of the Plan of Abandonment by the County Health Agency, where appropriate, or the Nevada Division of Health.
- WTS-21 A Guidance Document for Locating Wastewater Treatment Facilities: This guidance document outlines the information required for locating a new wastewater treatment facility pursuant to Nevada Administrative Code 445A.285
- WTS-22 Design Criteria for Individual Sewage Disposal Systems (ISDS) related to Subdivisions: The fact sheet outlines minimum design criteria for individual sewage disposal systems. (Note: This fact sheet is not for large-capacity septic systems or high-density clusters of small septic tanks. Please see WTS-23 for these systems.) This criteria is not meant to supersede or circumvent any existing state policy, statute or regulation and the Bureau of Water Pollution Control reserves the right to require further site characterization and additional design criteria.
- WTS-23 Criteria for Large-Capacity On-site Sewage Disposal Systems, including Commercial and Multiple-Dwelling Structures
- WTS-37 Guidance Document For Design Of Wastewater And Other Detention Basins: The fact sheet presented information that must be contained in an application for a wastewater holding pond. The Bureau of Water Pollution Control does reserves the right to require further information as needed
- WTS-41 Guidance Document for Design and Permitting of a Package Wastewater Treatment Plant: The document presents information about the minimum requirements in an application for a package wastewater treatment plant. The Bureau of Water Pollution Control reserves the right to require further information as needed.
- WTS-42 Manual - Septage & Biosolids Beneficial Use Application Sites: This guidance document discusses the required information to prepare an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Manual for septage and biosolids beneficial use application sites
- WTS-43 Guidance Document for Design and Permitting of a Residuals Disposal System from a Drinking Water Treatment Plant:
- WTS-44 Pretreatment & the Small Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW): This guidance document provides general pretreatment information for the operator of a small POTW (0.5 MGD design capacity) that is not required to maintain a formal pretreatment program
- WTS-50 Wastewater Sampling Plan: This guidance document provides an overview of the wastewater sampling plan used by the Bureau of Water Pollution Control (BWPC) when conducting a Compliance Sampling Inspection (CSI) at a regulated wastewater treatment facility
Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations Information
Stormwater Program Information
Underground Injection Control Information
Groundwater Protection Information