Stormwater Discharge Permits

U.S. EPA regulations at 40 CFR § 122.26(b)(14)require stormwater discharge permits for certain activities that discharge stormwater to waters of the United States. In compliance with this regulation, the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection (NDEP) has issued several General Permits for stormwater discharges. Notices of Intent (applications for permit coverage), Notices of Termination, Fees, and other correspondence should be mailed to:

Nevada Division of Environmental Protection
Bureau of Water Pollution Control
901 South Stewart Street, Suite 4001
Carson City NV 89701-5249

Fee amounts, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and additional information about the different Stormwater General Permits and programs can be found by selecting one of the links listed below.

Stormwater General Permits and Associated Information

Notice:  The General Permit for Stormwater Discharges Associated with Industrial Activity from Metals Mining Activities (NVR300000), the General Permit for Discharges from Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (NVS040000), and the 2015 General Permit for Construction Activity (NVR100000) have been administratively continued while a renewal permit is being drafted. A renewal notice will be mailed once the new permit has been issued.

Continuation of Coverage — NDEP's General Permits that have expired will remain in effect until reissued (NAC 445A.241). Coverage obtained under the existing permits will continue under the reissued permits.

More Information — Contact the Bureau of Water Pollution Control at (775) 687-9418.

Newsletter Signup: Water Pollution

Success! Thank you for signing up. Check your email to complete your subscription.