NDEP Lead Testing Programs
The State of Nevada’s Lead Testing Programs are public health programs to test for lead in drinking water at licensed schools and childcare facilities across the state. These programs are part of a nationwide program that was established by the Water Infrastructure Improvements for the Nation (WIIN) Act of 2016, in which the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) granted states money to test for lead in drinking water. The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, enacted in November 2021, amended the grant program to the Voluntary School and Child Care Lead Testing and Reduction Grant Program and allowed grant funding for lead remediation, in addition to testing.
Nevada currently operates two separate programs, in collaboration with the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection, the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health’s Department of Health and Human Services, the Nevada Department of Education, and the Washoe County Health District.
Each program web page is accessible from the following links:
- View The Lead Testing Program for Licensed Child Care Centers
- View The Lead Testing Program for Licensed Charter Schools*
*this program has the potential to include other Licensed Nevada Schools, outside the charter system
COVID-19 safety procedures will be followed by the project team, as applicable.
For More Information:
Childhood Lead Poisoning and Prevention:
- EPA Safe Drinking Water Hotline: 800-426-4791
- National Lead Information Center: 800-424-LEAD
- NDEP Lead in Drinking Water FAQ Page
- Your Child's Pediatrician
EPA Guidelines for this Project:
- Nevada Division of Environmental Protection
- Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public and Behavioral Health
- Nevada Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
- Nevada Department of Education
- Washoe County Health District
- Call or text the project helpline, Monday – Friday 6:30 AM to 5 PM, PST 775-365-9337
- NDEP Contact: Jennifer Carr jcarr [at] ndep.nv.gov
- NDEP Press Release
- EPA Press Release May 12, 2020