CEM Exam Information
The CEM exam will be held at the Nevada Division of Emergency Management (NDEM) in Carson City, NV. For important dates and deadlines, please see below:
- CEM Exam date: Saturday, January 23, 2021
- Exam Registration and Fee Due: December 28, 2020
- CEM Application and Fee Due: November 30, 2020
Any application and registration forms received after the deadlines will be rescheduled for the next exam date.
You can feel confident that COVID safety precautions will be followed before, during and after the exam. Details will be provided prior to the exam date.
To Register for the Exam
CEM eligibility must be determined before registering for the CEM Exam. Complete a CEM Application and submit the $100 Application Fee. After receiving an approval letter from NDEP, register for the CEM Exam. Allow 6 weeks for application processing.
- Receive your CEM eligibility approval letter from NDEP;
- Submit a CEM Exam Registration Form; and
- Pay the $150 Exam Fee.*
*Registration fees are non-refundable.
About the Exam
- The CEM Exam is a 200-question multiple choice test.
- You will have 4 hours to take the exam.
- You must score 70% or greater to pass.
- Exams are scheduled every six months (usually March and September).
- If you do not pass, your CEM Application is valid for two years. To retest within the two year time frame, submit a new CEM Exam Registration Form and pay the $150 Exam Fee. Applicants who do not pass the exam within a two year period must complete a new CEM Application and submit a new application fee.
Prepare for the Exam
- Review the document CEM Exam Topics for guidance on what the exam covers.
The Day of the Exam
- Arrive 15 minutes early. The exam starts promptly at 9:00 a.m. and ends promptly at 1:00 p.m.
- Bring a photo ID and a copy of your CEM exam registration confirmation.
- Signs will be posted in the lobby directing you to the floor and room location.
- All exam materials such as pencils, erasers, calculators, scratch paper, etc will be provided.