Mining Closure Guidance, Policies, References, and Requirements
Permit Modification Requirements
- Please visit the Mining Closure Applications, Fees, and Forms page for more information and guidance on permit applicaions or permit modifications.
NDEP Certified Laboratory Information
- NDEP requires all sample results submitted for permit complaince be analyzed by a certified/approved laboratory. Additional information about NDEP's laboratory certification program may be reviewed at the Laboratory Certification Webpage.
- List of NDEP Certified Labs for Water Sample Analyses - Use a laboratory listed on the CWA (Clean Water Act) tab at the bottom of the Nevada Certified Lab List (Excel spreadsheet).
- List of NDEP Approved Labs for Soil, Waste Rock, and Ore Sample Analyses
Guidance for Hydrogeologic Groundwater Flow Modeling at Mine Sites
Listing of Accepted Codes for Groundwater and Geochemical Modeling at Mine Sites
Monitoring and Sampling Information
- Monitoring Well Design Requirements
- NDEP Profile I - Table of Parameters & Reference Values
- NDEP Profile II - Table of Parameters & Reference Values
- NDEP Profile III - Table of Parameters & Reference Values
- Pit Lake Water Quality Characterization Program - NDEP Profile III
- Profile III Literature and Method References
- WAD Cyanide Analytical Procedures
- WAD Cyanide in Soil Test Method
- Permit Limitations for Leak Detection Systems