Quality Assurance Plans
Quality Assurance Program Plan — Nevada Brownfields Program
The Final Nevada Brownfields Program Quality Assurance Program Plan establishes data quality requirements for environmental site assessments and site cleanups completed by the Nevada Brownfields Program and its statewide Brownfields Contractors.
The 5-Year Review produced a revised Quality Assurance Program Plan, which was updated in accordance with US EPA Region 9 Quality Assurance guidelines as contained in R9QA/03.2. The effective date of the revised Quality Assurance Program Plan for the Nevada Brownfields Program is 01/31/2013.
- Final Nevada Brownfields Program Quality Assurance Program Plan
- Appendix A Laboratory Certification Program Nevada Bureau of Water Quality Planning
- Appendix B Application Form for Nevada Brownfields Program
- Appendix C EPA Region 9 Template for Sampling & Analysis Plan
- Appendix D Data Quality Indicators & Measurement Quality Objectives
- Appendix E Standard Operating Procedures
- Guidance for Preparation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Quality-Related Operations
- Preparation of Soil Sampling Protocols: Sampling Techniques and Strategies
- Groundwater Sampling and Monitoring with Direct Push Technologies
- General Air Sampling Guidelines
- Chip, Wipe, and Sweep Sampling
- Quality Assurance Guidance for Conducting Brownfields Site Assessments
- Environmental Investigations Standard Operating Procedures and Quality Assurance Manual
- SOP for pH and Dissolved Oxygen Instrument Calibration
- Standard Operating Procedure for Calibration and Field Measurement Procedures for the YSI Model 6-Series SONDES and Data Logger (Including: Temperature, pH, Specific Conductance, Turbidity, Dissolved Oxygen, Chlorophyll, Rhodamine WT, ORP, and Barometric Pressure)
- Calibration of Field Instruments (Temperature, pH, Dissolved Oxygen, Conductivity/Specific Conductance, Oxidation Reduction Potential [ORP], and Turbidity)
- General Field Sampling Guidelines
- Sampling Equipment Decontamination (Environmental Response Team)
- Sampling Equipment Decontamination (EPA Region 9)
- SOP for Streamflow Measurement
- Sampling of Fish in Wadeable Streams Through the Use of Electrofishing
- Transporting and Operating Boats
- Canopy Cover and Gradient/Slope Estimation Procedures
- Surface Water Sampling (Environmental Response Team)
- Collection of Chemical and Biological Ambient Water Samples
- Surface Water Sampling (EPA Region 9)
- Collecting Water-Quality Samples for Dissolved Metals in Water
- Trace Metal Clean Sampling of Natural Waters
- Sediment Sampling (Environmental Response Team)
- Soil, Sediment, and Solid Waste Sampling
- Sediment Sampling (EPA Region 9)
- Model 5400 Geoprobe Operation
- Groundwater Monitoring Well Installation Using Geoprobe
- Water Level Measurement
- Well Development
- Collection of Low Level Metals Ambient Water Samples
- Groundwater Well Sampling (Environmental Response Team)
- Ground Water Sampling
- Groundwater Well Sampling (EPA Region 9)
- Low-Stress (Low-Flow) Purging and Sampling Procedure for the Collection of Ground Water Samples from Monitoring Wells
- Soil Sampling (Environmental Response Team)
- Soil Sampling (EPA Region 9)
- Soil Sampling for Volatile Compounds
- Sample Login, Tracking, and Sample Disposition
- Chain of Custody Samples
- Document Control
- Guidance for Preparing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Module 5. Standard Operating Procedures
- Standard Operating Procedure for the Standard/Well-Volume Method for Collecting a Ground-Water Sample from Monitoring Wells for Site Characterization
- Standard Operating Procedure for Low-Stress (Low Flow) / Minimal Drawdown Ground-Water Sample Collection
- Collection of Air and Precipitation Samples (IADN Project)
- Appendix F Approved Analytical Methods
- Appendix G Field Forms
- Appendix H Audit Checklists for the Nevada Brownfields Program
More About Quality Assurance (QA) Program Plan
Web Links for Quality Information:
- What is a Quality System?
A structured and documented management system describing how and by whom an organization assures quality in its work.
- What is Quality Management?
The process by which quality system specifications are planned, implemented, and assessed ("making the system work").
- What is Quality Assurance?
An integrated system of management activities to ensure that a process, item, or service is of the type and quality needed and expected by the user.
- What is Quality Control?
The overall system of technical activities that compares performance against defined standards to verify that stated requirements are met.