Permits Required

Permits Required The Division of Environmental Protection, as the Federal UST program implementing agency in the State, has no requirements to obtain permits for the installation, repair, upgrading or closure of underground storage tanks.

However, any of the above work being performed on a UST system located in Clark County or Washoe County must be approved by county's health department. Both, the Southern Nevada Health District and Washoe County Health District are contracted by NDEP to oversee the above UST work and may require permits and/or fees.

For federally regulated USTs, a NDEP Certified Tank Handler must supervise and acknowledge responsibility for work performed. Submittal of an EPA Form 7530-1 is required to ensure the Division is notified and to maintain accurate information in the State database. For non-federally regulated tanks no registration requirements exist and no Certified Tank Handler is required for installation, repair, upgrading, or closure activities.

Additional permits may be required by local governments under local laws or ordinances. Check with your local building and fire departments to verify whether additional local requirements exist.

Newsletter Signup: Water Pollution

Success! Thank you for signing up. Check your email to complete your subscription.