The Nevada Brownfields Program (NBP) provides funding to government entities and non-profits with eligible sites to assess and/or clean-up contaminated properties. Grants of up to $200,000 are available to perform property records searches to assess potential contamination, conduct onsite investigations of contamination, and clean-up environmental contamination.
Interested parties can apply at any time. No match is required and all assessment and remediation work is performed by state contractors.
- Local governments and other government entities
- Tribal governments
Applicants must not be responsible for the site’s contamination.
Sites must meet the following criteria to be eligible for Nevada Brownfields Program grants:
- The presence of real or perceived contamination by petroleum, asbestos, lead-based paint, or other hazardous substances.
- Strong redevelopment potential where redevelopment will benefit the community and has community support.
Sites are NOT eligible if they are:
Owned by the State or Federal government;
Currently owned by the party responsible for the contamination;
Subject to enforcement action;
Listed or proposed to be listed on the EPA’s Superfund list.
Perform property records searches (Phase I Environmental Site Assessments)
Conduct onsite investigations of contamination (Phase II Environmental Site Assessments)
Safely and properly clean-up environmental contamination, including petroleum, asbestos, lead-based paint, and other hazardous substances.
How to Apply
1. Confirm applicant and site eligibility. Contact the Nevada Brownfields Program at (775) 687-9378 with any questions.
2. Complete the NBP Grant Application and submit via email or mail.
|Email to:||Ruben Ramos-Avina, Nevada Brownfields Program Coordinator|
|rramos-avina [@] ndep.nv.gov|
|Mail to:||Nevada Division of Environmental Protection|
|Brownfields Program, BCA|
|901 S. Stewart Street, Suite 4001|
|Carson City, NV 89701|