Air Fee Schedule
The Air Program with the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection presented a fee regulation amendment to the State Environmental Commission on October 2, 2019 and the Legislative Commission on December 30, 2019. The proposed changes were approved at both hearings, have been filed with the Secretary of State, and are now in effect. These changes update the Air Program’s approach to how fees are assessed and redistribute the fees across the regulated industry to reflect workload and resources required to implement NDEP’s Air Program.
The changes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Annual emission fees for Class I sources have been eliminated.
- The new annual maintenance fee schedule is effective on January 1, 2020.
- There is a 3-Year Phase-In for all annual maintenance fees.
- Applications for an Administrative Renewal of a Class I or Class II Stationary Air Quality Operating Permit will be accepted starting January 1, 2020.
- The Administrative Renewal application fee is $5,000 for a Class I and $2,000 for a Class II operating permit.
- A Frequently Asked Questions document, Administrative Renewal Application, and Administrative Renewal Completeness Checklist can be found on our website at https://ndep.nv.gov/air/permitting/download-permit-forms under Resources for All Sources.
- A facility may submit an Administrative Renewal if all of the following items have been met:
- The facility has one or more Class I or II operating permits;
- The facility has been issued a new or renewed operating permit that was issued on or after January 1, 2018;
- The renewal does not require changes to the existing operating permit; and
- At the time of the operating permit renewal request, an environmental evaluation and an air pollutant dispersion model that were submitted within five years of the request are deemed adequate by the Air Program.
- If you have any questions on whether or not your facility can submit an application for Administrative Renewal, please contact us at (775) 687-9349.
The new fee schedule for all other permit application fees is effective on July 1, 2020.
For a more detailed description, view the corresponding fact sheets:
- View Entire Overview Fact Sheet
- Class I Major Stationary Sources and Major Sources Fee Fact Sheet
- Class II Minor Sources Fee Fact Sheet
- Surface Area Disturbance and General Permits Fee Fact Sheet
For any questions, comments, or concerns, please email AirComments [at] ndep.nv.gov.