Where Can I Recycle?

Need to find a place to take your recyclable materials? Check out the Nevada Recycles web map http://webgis.ndep.nv.gov/

If you offer recycling services to the public, please click here for the application form to become searchable in the Nevada Recycles web map. 

Recycling Locations by County

Carson City

The Carson City Landfill offers residents free household hazardous waste collection services every Thursday afternoon between 1:30 and 4:00 p.m., by appointment only. The Carson City Landfill community recycling drop-off is closed due to extreme contamination issues until further notice. 

Single-stream recycling and green waste collection (starting July 2019) is made available by Waste Management for Carson City residents.


Churchill County

The Fallon Transfer Station has community drop-off recycling bins located at 2900 Enterprise Way, Fallon, NV 89406.  


Clark County, Henderson, Las Vegas, North Las Vegas

Boulder City Waste Free offers Boulder City residents information about recycling in their area.

Republic Services' Recycling Guide provides Clark County residents guidelines for their recycling program.

Southern Nevada Health District is a great resource for Clark County residents to locate areas that recycle materials.

University of Nevada, Las Vegas offers a drive up drop-off station.


Douglas County

Douglas County residents can utilize Douglas Disposal community collection bins or take their recycling to the Douglas County Transfer Station.


Elko County

Elko Sanitation offers curbside commingled recycling for residents.


Eureka County

Drop off containers are located at the Eureka County Landfill (701 S Main St).


Humboldt County

Due to a loss of markets for recycled materials Recycling drop-off facilities are closed until further notice.  


Nye County

Walmart/Sonic parking lot bin (300 S Hwy 16) and the Pahrump Valley Disposal (1410 E Mesquite Ave) offer community drop-off bins.


Pershing County

Big Meadow Recycling Center accepts most household plastics, water bottles, plastic containers, glass, aluminum, tin cans, aluminum pie tins, foil, cardboard, newspaper, office paper/shred and magazines.


Storey County

The Virginia City Waste Bin Site offers community drop-off recycling bins.

The Lockwood Landfill offers recycling of used oil, antifreeze, lead-acid batteries, corrugated cardboard, asphalt and other construction and demolition materials. Please separate these materials from your waste prior to coming to the landfill. 


Washoe County, Reno

Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful's Recycling Guide.

Single-stream recycling is made available by Waste Management for Washoe County residents.

Waste Management’s Recycle America station located at 1100 E. Commercial Row is open Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.

Incline Village Solid Waste and Recycling Guide


White Pine County 

The Ely Landfill offers cardboard, aluminum, plastic, and paper recycling for residents.


Special Waste Recycling Locations

Appliances: Appliances can be dropped off at most transfer stations free of charge. There is generally a fee for appliances containing refrigerants. The Reno Sparks Gospel Mission will also pick up appliances - call (775) 323-7999 for more information. 

Auto Fluids: Many auto parts or service stores accept used motor oil and other vehicle fluids. 

Batteries: Use the Call2Recycle store locator to see where you can recycle your rechargeable batteries in Nevada. Single-use alkaline batteries are difficult to recycle, however, some Batteries Plus stores will recycle them for a small fee. 

Clark County special wastes: Nevada State Recycle 1816 Industrial Road #4 Las Vegas 702-979-1280.  Dunn & Son Electronic Recycler 3050 Westwood Dr., Las Vegas (702) 604-0810.  EPC 6650 South Spencer Street, Suite 120 Las Vegas (636)443-1999.  The Blind Center 1001 N Bruce Street Las Vegas (702) 998-4901 No CRT TVs.

Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) Bulbs: All Home Depots provide free CFL bulb recycling. 

Computer monitors (CRTs): Intelligent Lifecycle Solutions on 962 E. Greg St. in Sparks will accept for small fee. Call 775-391-1319.

Household electronics: Intelligent Lifecycle Solutions on 962 E. Greg St. in Sparks will accept for small fee. Call 775-391-1319.

Household Hazardous Waste: KTMB has created a guide for HHW for Washoe County residents.

Medical sharps and needles: Check out SafeNeedleDisposal.org to find Nevada collection locations. Republic Services also has services for medical sharps & needle disposal, as well as a mail back service.

Medications: For Clark County medication disposal, any Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Substation will take expired medications. Clark County's Pain in the Drain program also provides safe and anonymous disposal of prescriptions and medication. Join Together Northern Nevada also conducts a prescription drug round up biannually. Some Walgreens locations have a secure bin for dropping off unwanted medications.

Mercury Thermostats:  Thermostat Recycling Corporation (TRC) has free recycling for whole mercury thermostats only. Find a collection site near you by visiting their website and entering your zip code.

Paint: Latex paint can be dried out (use kitty litter to speed up the drying process!). Once dry, the paint can be disposed of in the trash. Wet paint can be disposed of at household hazardous waste collections.

Pesticides: The Nevada Department of Agriculture offers a free collection service for unwanted pesticides. For more information call (775) 353-3715, or see their brochure.  

TV’s:  Most Best Buy's will recycle for your television for a fee. Limit two TVs per household per day.  Tube TVs smaller than 32"; - Flat-panel TVs; LCD, plasma, LED smaller than 50"; Portable TVs.  Please check for their participation prior to drop off. Intelligent Lifecycle Solutions on 962 E. Greg St. in Sparks will accept for small fee. Call 775-391-1319.

Vehicles: To donate your old car, visit Kars4KidsKUNR's Vehicle Donation Program or the Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission.

Please contact your local facility for information on participation and pricing.