Goals and objectives of the SRF program are as follows:
Projects which are eligible for SRF loans are:
- Protect the public health by providing financial assistance for the construction of publicly owned Wastewater Treatment Plants and non-point source control projects.
- Provide best available financial assistance to municipalities and interstate agencies through the management of the SRF.
- Ensure technical integrity of the SRF program through adequate and effective planning, engineering reviews and compliance inspection.
- Ensure proper accounting, audit and fiscal procedures.
- Maintain an adequate data management system.
- Administer the SRF so that its revolving nature is assured perpetuity.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant construction and repair
- Collection system construction system and repair
- Erosion control activities
- Water rights acquisitions
- Landfill closure activities
- Underground storage tank removal