Welcome to the Bureau of Air Quality Planning
It is the mission of the Bureau of Air Quality Planning (BAQP) to protect and enhance the environment in order to sustain healthy ecosystems and contribute to a vibrant economy. Our mission is accomplished through reasonable, fair, and consistent implementation of State and Federal air quality rules and regulations, with emphasis on objective and impartial responsiveness to the needs of a growing population and industrial base.
The authority to implement air pollution control requirements has been established in Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) 445B.100 through 445B.825, inclusive, and NRS 486A.010 through 486A.180, inclusive.
Visit our sister agency, the Bureau of Air Pollution Control (BAPC) to obtain information regarding air quality permits for emission units, surface area disturbance permits, regulatory requirements for fossil-fuel fired steam electric plants, and emissions auditing.
NDEP Portion of 2008 Ozone NAAQS Infrastructure SIP; Interstate Transport Sub-element Supplement. Submitted 3/25/2016
• The BAQPís ambient air quality and meteorological monitoring guidelines have been revised from the October 2006 version. Posted 10/27/2015
• NDEP Portion of the Nevada 2012 PM2.5 NAAQS Infrastructure SIP; Appendices A-I Posted 10/21/2015
• Pahrump Valley, NV. PM10 - Ten Years of Success Posted 6/4/2015
• The 2015-2016 winter season may be the last chance residents of Carson City and Douglas County can receive a rebate on replacing an old inefficient wood stove with an efficient EPA certified wood, pellet or gas stove. Visit the UNR Business Environmental Programís Carson City and Douglas County Wood Stove Change-Out Program Webpage for more information. Updated 9/1/2015
• Nevada Ambient Air Monitoring Plan 2015 draft [PDF] Posted 5/18/2015